I had an LP Jr build from years ago that needed some adjustments and I wanted a sunburst on it, so...
Didn't have a solo pic of that guitar but it's the one on the left obviously.
And here is the almost totally stripped body.
Bridge holes were plugged too, and moved back slightly. A couple of the saddles had been moved back as far as they could go so this should work better.
One big problem was the headstock shape (wish I had taken a "before" pic). I built this thing back when the internet was a new kid on the block and guitar building forums didn't exist (as far as I knew anyways) so I didn't even have the good sense to make templates. Well, I plugged the tuner holes and I cut off the offending edges and glued on the ears. NOTE: I realize this is not a Gibson. I did this a long time ago and won't be putting that back on when it's done.
And here I'm flush-cutting the plugs. Notice the dowel in the strap button hole which had those counter sunk strap locks.
More to come...