Turned my attention to making a neck this weekend. Here are the victims.
On the left is some Tasmanian Oak (Victorian Ash), and on the right is some Meranti (Western Pacific Maple). Both 19mm.
I cut one piece of Meranti and wedge it between two pieces of Tassie Oak. OK OK I know, it should be Mahogany but I love working with Tassie Oak and as it's my first angled headstock I thought I use what I had to hand.
The Meranti was used to add some texture change to the neck but more importantly, it's lighter than the Tassie Oak!
I cut roughly on the band saw the three pieces and glued them together. Then used the robo sander in my pillar drill and the belt sander to get something that resembles a neck.
Last edited by Dasher; June 24th, 2012 at 07:21 AM.