Alrighty then. I got some time in the shop tonight to work on this. Was able to get the neck blank pieces all milled and glued up.
First things first. Here's the proof photo showing that this has started as rough lumber.
We've got a strip of maple for the center laminate in the neck along with some purpleheart that goes next to that and the outer laminations of the neck will be from the ash. There is enough ash to do the neck, and body. I'll use the quartersawn white oak as the top for the body and maybe the back as well...don't know about that yet. There is also some bloodwood for the fingerboard and I am going to try my hand at making a pickup cover from the blodwood also. Never done that before, so it should be interesting.
Here are the templates that I made about a month ago in preperation for this challenge.
It's going to be a neck through design with the above mentioned woods and a hartail bridge with a single P90 pickup. I'm a fan of simple electronics in my instruments, so this suits me well.