Originally Posted by Shepherd
As long as you can see your hand in front of your face not much chance of igniting anything. The fumes would have to be really concentrated.
Ive been painting cars for 26 years. I used to smoke cigarettes while i was painting a car. Back in my younger stupider days. Point is, its pretty damn difficult to get enough concentration of solvents to blow up. Ive actually never seen a fire in a paint booth. I would however not suggest having an open flame in your booth while your painting. I guess thats pretty obvious i just felt it nessacary to say.