Telecaster Guitar Forum - View Single Post - Big Muff volume too low in band setting
The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!
Notices

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals dallenpickups.com Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

View Single Post
Old February 20th, 2012, 12:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
andrenighthound
Tele-Afflicted

A lot of fuzz pedals aren't loud enough without a booster in a live setting behind it. I use a boost pedal behind it actually I use a tech 21 para drive behind it because it's an eq and booster in one! I turn on and off both fuzz and booster together with a looper pedal.

A lot of mid scoop in a standard muff. Some have more mid range. I don't know enough about big muffs to fully explain. (That sounds kinda funny).

So I would recommend a boost pedal behind it. Anyone pedal will do though I love being able to shape the fuzz if needed,(maybe cut a little treble maybe add a little mid range, ect), with my para driver. ;)

Edit: You can find a louder fuzz pedal but a booster is great to have. I also use the boost pedal after my overdrive and so the booster for me is not being used a one trick pony. I also use the booster by itself to boost amp.
andrenighthound is offline   Reply With Quote

/td>

» Random Photo for Guests
Eastwood Airline & Silvertone 1470
Untitled Document