Reverb Tank "Best Mounting Methods"
Amp designers need to attempt to mount the spring reverb tank in a vertical orientation with the connectors up if at all possible. The two other alternatives are a compromise and will not produce as high quality reverb. There are more player operating issue encountered with reverb tanks mounted in the two other orientations.
Issues that Need to be Considered
Illustrations from Top to Bottom
- Spring weight
- Displacement of transducer magnets along the air gap (tank orientation)
- Isolation from vibrating mounting surface
- Mechanical feedback from too tight cable connections between the reverb tank & amplifier
(1) Most Desirable Mounting Method
(2) Next Most Desirable Mounting Method
(3) Least Desirable Mounting Method