Telecaster Guitar Forum - View Single Post - Pickup recomendation for rock/grunge...
The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

View Single Post
Old February 2nd, 2012, 09:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
KokoTele

Formerly known as Eryque
Doctor of Teleocity

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty.frank View Post
They look great!! But one question.... When you talk about 250k pots or 500k, does it means that i should change the pots and the pickups???

I thought that I only need to change pickups...

What about seymour duncan broadcaster.. I heard good reviews... Are they good for grunge??? They are cheaper....
You probably do not need to change the pots. The choice to use 250k vs. 500k depends on how much brightness you want. 500k results in a brighter tone than 250k. Since single coil pickups tend to be brighter, 250k is the norm to tame that brightness a little.

When I think of a grunge sound, I think of thick, creamy, distorted mids, with a strong base and rounded highs. The Broadcaster will not get you there.

Duncan pickups that fall in this range are the Lil'59 and Quarter Pound set. Neither of these sound very Telecaster-y.

The Donahue bridge pickup will get you close, but it still retains normal Tele character, as will the Alnico Pro 2 set. These sound very Telecaster-y.

Parts & Pickups

www.kokoteleguitarworks.com
KokoTele is online now   Reply With Quote

» Random Photo for Guests
1972 ES345 / Gibson Amp
Untitled Document