Telecaster Guitar Forum - View Single Post - Cool Cat Fuzz: . . . a clone of ?
The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Advertise on the TDPRI Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

View Single Post
Old December 24th, 2011, 06:41 AM   #20 (permalink)
smoss469
Tele-Afflicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11 Gauge View Post
I figured he was working on one. I know he was intrigued by all the subtleties (and not so subtle things) with all the Big Muff variations. We both liked to disagree about the effect (or lack of) transistor gain in respect to the the Muff's specific configurations.

I also know that he was working on a Small Stone clone (this was over a year ago or so). Since Billy Corgan came clean with the particulars of his Muff, I know that Matt was really into that. Matt and Kit Rae (sp?) seem to know each other in more than just an acquaintance sort of fashion, and other than Pink Floyd/Glimour, Pumkins/Corgan "tone assimilation" seems to be his thing.

People complain that the op amp Muffs are kind of grainy and gritty, yet TTBOMK no one has really played with the op amps, diodes, or tone stack, all of which IMO are a little odd. Especially by today's standards, the combo of 4558 and 741 seem like they could be finessed a bit, and that's without even doinking with clipping diodes or other facets of the op amp Muff design. I guess more builders like Matt will get there eventually. I was planning on just picking up an original op amp Muff for cheap, but thanks to Corgan, they are now worth a fortune instead of the $25 that he paid for his out of the "pedal junk pile."
I think he's had it out for a few months now. I keep looking at it, but have yet to buy one. Maybe after Christmas the urge will strike me
smoss469 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Random Photo for Guests
Tele EMGs
Untitled Document