Body blank is freed of its' clampy prison and the "slightly modified" tele template is laid upon it. I took the TDowns blueprint and added a Mosrite-ish offset waist and lower horn from pictures.
Let's add the tele bridge location and control cavity, although its probable these will have to be moved to compensate for scale length and body contours...
I cut the body shape out on the band saw as close to the line as possible and finish up with the oscillating spindle sander. I was way too lazy/cheap to cut an MDF template that I would only use once...
Next, I cut a .060" groove around the body for the binding
And then blast a cove bit around the perimeter..
After that I then add the second template that gives me a rough idea where I want the Mosrite-y carve to be
...And start carving to the line with some mini-planes, spokeshaves, and plain old sandpaper
A few hours and some bloody fingers later, I arrive at this...
But something doesn't look right...I don't like it. I think that the carved area is too "tall", so I will put it in the router-planer-fixture thing and take off 1/4" from the top.