Well, I seem to be on a roll lately. Lots of opportunities for growth.
As I was finishing up the binding in the tight radius on the upper bout, snap!
Fortunately, there was enough binding left to back up the joint and splice it at a more managable place. The camera flash blew out the shots but you can see what's going on.
I decided to bevel the ends of the two pieces to create more glue surface and allow me to slide the binding patch over the glued down piece until it was flush.
All good. Now, moving on. I used a hair dryer to warm the binding this time...I think the reason it snapped befor was it was a bit too cold. The shop is at 65F but I guess the pearloid is a bit more prone to breakage when it's cold.
Anyway, it worked fine this time.