Telecaster Guitar Forum - View Single Post - Celebrity Encounters
The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

View Single Post
Old December 3rd, 2008, 09:39 PM   #12 (permalink)
RodeoTex
Friend of Leo's

In '89 my sister bought me tickets to see the Stones in Dallas (always a huge fan but had never seen them). Trick was I had to fly up there to see them. Once on the Southwest 737 the flight attendent announced that if we could get stuff stowed away and seated in 5 minutes we could land in Dallas, otherwise we were going to be delayed for over an hour due to President Bush's AF1 coming in. Needless to say that was the most cooperative bunch of strangers ever.

Once in the air word passed from seat to seat that Oral Roberts was sitting up near the front. Looked like him from the back, but who knows.

We beat Air Force One in and deplaned. I hung around the air port to see AF1, and later saw (from a great distance) what I am sure was Corizon Aquino's entourage. The prez and her were having some sort of summit in Dallas that weekend.

In the Hertz (or whatever) courtesy bus I was sitting next to State Rep. Jeff Wentworth - very nice guy.

THEN I finally got to see the Rolling Stones in person, even Bill Wyman.

So in total, no real encounters but more near misses in the shortest period of time I'd ever experienced.

» Random Photo for Guests
Tangy Tele
Untitled Document