It's my understanding that Lost_In_Austin bought the guitar in a pawn shop and later found a repair receipt with the previous owner's name. Before calling the guy he might want to make sure the same guy pawned it or be prepared for the consenquences. You see where I'm going with this?
1. What if the previous owner was not the one who pawned it? Could be the person who’s name is on the ticket is deceased or destitute or
divorced <– same thing
2. Could be the guitar was stolen and pawned. This would create quite a moral dilemma for me.
3. Might be a former guitar player with a history of playing in a great band with plenty of great stories to share.
4. Might be a person who has no idea of the value of the guitar and learning about it would make them sad. I would get no pleasure from this knowledge.
5. Might be someone who does not know it is missing.
What to do, hmmmm!