Turn your Tele into an Organ

16Ever wanted your guitar to sound like an organ? Danny Gatton did—all he needed was an amp with vibrato, a pick and his fingers.  It’s just that simple. (Providing you have monster technique.) Now, there’s an easier solution in the form of a pedal: the Electro-Harmonix B9 Organ Machine.

b9

The Organ Machine has nine different presets to select among different popular organ types.  You can make your guitar sound like Jimmy Smith’s B-3, Matthew Fisher’s M-102 from “Whiter Shade of Pale,” plus settings for Gospel, Cathedral, Bell Organ and others.

A mod control adjusts the modulation speed.  A click control simulates the harmonic percussion effect that is a sonic signature of many classic organs. You can mix in the sound of your guitar, or mute it completely.

The new B9 Organ Machine comes with an AC adapter. It doesn’t run on batteries. List price : $293.73. Street price: $220.

For more info, go here: http://www.ehx.com/b9

Check it out in action:

And whatever, you do, please learn The Cat:

Comments

9 Responses to “Turn your Tele into an Organ”
  1. TheDTrain TheDTrain says:

Sounds really cool, wonder what happens if I put a keyboard through it…

2. Slidedude Slidedude says:

OMG. Wait until the keyboard player in my band hears this…..LOL

3. Che_Guitarra Che_Guitarra says:

Wow. That’s really cool. Looks like my POG has been fired from organ duties.

4. idjster idjster says:

That’s a really simple and moderately inexpensive way to get some very, very realistic organ sounds from a guitar! An organ in an affordable stomp box. Who would have thought?

5. TheDTrain TheDTrain says:

Anyone got one yet? Can you post a youtube of it with a keyboard?

6. idjster idjster says:

I just ordered one yesterday. They have only had one in my local music shop in the past. I’m kinda excited for it to arrive! I’ll see what it’s like when I get it. (I wonder if it has one of those elusive ‘talent’ switches on it?)

7. rand z says:

i have one… i’m using it sparingly in my solo acoustic show along with a looper and harmonizer. i find it works best with more acoustic (dry) and slightly less organ (wet). also, there is bit of dynamic “strangeness” in controlling the organ sounds. maybe i need more time with it…. rz

8. Actually Danny played through a Leslie Cabinet to get his organ sound.