Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

Fender “Competition” Stompboxes

Fender Competition Series ChorusSeems kind of obvious, Fender making stompboxes. Doesn’t it? Yet, where have they been? Off and on over the past 40 years Fender has sold effects pedals. But it’s been quite a while now since the last one was available (remember the Starcaster Distortion?). Well, all that is about to change. Now, just in time for Winter NAMM, Fender is announcing Competition series pedals, a new line of effects pedals designed and built — as the PR dept states — “to provide inspirational tones in a reliable package at an astounding value.

The Fender Distortion pedal drives tube or solid-state amps into thick distortion and singing sustain, evoking the edgy hard-rock tones of the ’70s and ’80s. Great with many different amplifiers, it’s responsive enough that a guitar’s volume control can be adjusted to the exact amount of distortion desired, from aggressive crunch to full-on saturation. It can be used to create a distorted tone or as a boost for higher-gain rhythm and solo tones. MSRP $89.99

Fender Competition Series Distort

The Fender Drive pedal creates a warm overdrive reminiscent of classic ’60s and ’70s rock and blues tones. It can be used to push tube or solid-state amps, creating harmonically rich crunch and sustain. With an old-school design that matches its vintage warmth, it makes an ideal choice for the musician looking for rich, harmonic overdriven tone. MSRP $89.99

Fender Competition Series Drive

The Fender Chorus pedal will remind guitarists just how cool and indispensable the lushly spatial effect can be. Add sparkle to clean open chords, to animate strummed passages and to thicken distorted power chords. Get just the right amount of chorus desired, cleanly and quietly. Operates in mono or with stereo outputs for vibrantly huge sound while creating wide, sweeping modulation effects or shimmering 12-string sounds. MSRP $99.99

Fender Competition Series Chorus

The Fender Delay pedal creates richly resonating echo effects from short slap-back rockabilly sounds to longer repeating echo perfect for huge, soaring guitar solos (it’s great for other electronic instruments too, such as keyboards). Dedicated delay time, feedback and level controls give you complete command of your sound’s spatial characteristics. Operates in mono or with stereo outputs for two-amplifier setups. MSRP $99.99.

Fender Competiton Series Delay

Comments

26 Responses to “Fender “Competition” Stompboxes”
  1. Boondocks Boondocks says:

Now I just can’t wait until they’re available at the stores. Looks nice. Clean and sturdy. Chorus got my name all over it, it seems…

• oliviachen says:

I want to learn to play guitar. But I don’t know how to choose the pedal or other accessories. And someone advise me to buy at donner online. But…..So can u help me?

• Why do you want to buy at donner? do you want everything you buy to come from China? do you want to buy everything from a web site, where there are no human beings to contact and no brick-n-mortar building you can call or write to? check the donner web site for contact info and proper English grammar, then decide for yourself. Or was it your intention to advertise for donner and to coax people to go there? Give us a link to your music page so we can hear what kind of music you are doing, then we can suggest where you can get the pedals you need.

2. originalritz originalritz says:

Looking forward to reviews of these. Not sure where they’ll fit into the stompbox marketplace with lots of options at similar price points to these.
    Can’t wait to hear about how the delay and drive pedals review!

3. zatoichi says:

That text should be in quotes, if it’s from their marketing blurb?

@ $100 per, they’d have to sweep everything else from the field to qualify as “astounding value”s. Somehow I do not foresee these being compelling enough to eat into my grocery money….

4. Those are MSRP prices, not street prices. They won’t be $100 per at your store, more like $59 or $69

5. scantron81 says:

Well, they loo cheap enough.

• oliviachen says:

I want to buy one at donner. Have you ever shopped there?

6. cosmiccowboy cosmiccowboy says:

We’ll see if they hold up to the hype. I need to hear, and see more reviews (once they’re out there). Just because of the mere fact they haven’t made them in years doesn’t justify my rushing out to buy one just because it has the “FENDER” logo plastered all over it …. just sayin’.

7. Scotty 2 Scotty 2 says:

Build them cheaper than the other guys so they can sell them
    cheaper,,,,,They’ll not be as good as say: Boss or Electro-Harmonics.
    They’re not making them or any of there producds for us..They’re
    in the market to make $$$$$ justlike any other manufacturer………

8. TX-Cabronita TX-Cabronita says:

Reviews will only tell. In the past the big “F” has disappointed!

9. rallygsc rallygsc says:

I like fender and all, but the pedals don’t impress me, sorry, but they seem like EL CHEAPO stuff for someone starting out, remember the washburn or epiphone pedals?, same thing, made in china, made cheaply, sell for a lot, then discount them when they don’t sell.

10. zzip zzip says:

They look like they are built cheaper than those Joyo pedals

11. garageMan says:

They look nice with quiet silent boss style switches that two can be done at once when two pedals are placed next to each other. or to put another way they havn`t got those awful Clickunkcerrpaptchz audible metal tit switches that those so called boutique pedals sport and can be heard going off when recording a session. I wonder if my glorious Tonerider superlush chorus could go in one of these housings..as it has an audible dosey metal tit switch. probably why I own four boss ls2`s.

12. ifallalot ifallalot says:

Are these available yet?

13. dstuart says:

ill have to hear them first, though fender have been very good the last few years… im expecting them to be good

14. RockerDuck says:

For those who talk without hearing first, shame on you. These look designed well. Low profile and silent switches. Boutique pedals usually have loud switches and are impossible to record with. Boss pedals have been used in studio’s for years because of silent switching ability. I’m sure these are quiet pedals meant to complete with Boss. Probably uses the same switches Boss uses. They also look light, which I see people complain about big ,heavy pedals. I will buy these.

15. Festofish Festofish says:

Those pedals look cheap. Pass. Another bland 3rd party offering that Fender won the naming rights to. Pass.

16. Matt Laird says:

I think I will reserve my thoughts and opinions until I have heard these things. Once in a while a “cheapo” pedal turns out to be pretty good. I looked at Fender’s website and they really don’t have a lot of information about these as far as specifications. So, that being said, I will try one or two out before I condemn or lionize them.

• Quacky Quacky says:

I agree, some of the built in China Dan Electro pedals were decent and I will reserve judgement on the Fenders until I can test drive them. Some musicians can’t afford boutique pedals and others don’t have the time for the build your own pedals which I highly reccomend.