Cool New! FSR Classic ’72 Tele Deluxe

Fender is having some fun with the ever popular Classic Series ’72 Telecaster Deluxe. Normally, these are available in the standard black, sunburst and walnut. But now Fender releases three new WoW colors for a limited run. Talk about sparkle! These three new finish options really show off the 70’s vibe. Strap one on your back and hop on your red, white and blue sparkle Chopper and you won’t part with yours either.

Not every place is going to carry these items and Fender is limiting their production. I have no idea how many they’re making, but if recent examples are any clue they’ll make between 500 and 1000 and see if there is enough interest for another batch.

Check out the model at The Music Zoo website, at $699 these beauts are the same price as the standard color models. Here’s a link, but don’t look if you might be afflicted with GAS (gear acquisition syndrome): FSR Classic ’72 Tele Deluxe at The Music Zoo,

And, here’s TDPRI friend, Allen Abbassi doing the obligatory demo on YouTube. Enjoy!

Comments

7 Responses to “Cool New! FSR Classic ’72 Tele Deluxe”
  1. Andy Summers Andy Summers says:

Man….when are they going to do something about those WRHBs…Id be all over one of these if it werent for those things.

• tonehz says:

I just completed a custom build using Jason Lollar’s Regal wide range humbuckers. They are terrific! I don’t like the pickguard plastered all over the face of the guitar. I like to see the wood. So my “72 Reissue” has a standard Tele pickguard.

2. RockerDuck says:

Actually I like WRHB’s and a lot of other people like them too. That’s why they sell so many of these guitars.

3. plroad21 says:

yeah, despite what everyone says, I had one in Walnut, and a buddy of mine had a real ’78 in walnut. We AB’d them, and while there was a slight difference, they were actually quite similar. pretty sure we recorded it, and if i could find the tracks, I bet everyone would be hard-pressed to say which was which. I bet people were a lot happier with whatever guitar they bought before the internet was around to tell them it was crap…

4. Chautauqua Chautauqua says:

If you can’t get a good sound out of the RI WRHB’s it’s YOUR PLAYING not the pups… they’re certi\ainly voiced differently then the originals but they have PLENTY of great tones in them. I suggest doing the 500K pot mod and checking all the soldering and grounds. Could also possibly be an Amp issue. Mine never sounded so good as when I finally plugged it into an all-tube amp with a master volume/attenuator… These things LOVE to be iopened up and scream. Personaly I think that a “Sparkle Blue” would look pretty sweet up next to my Walnut RI 72 Deluxe and my Natural Vintage 73 Tele Deluxe. But I don’t have room for another color of a guitar I already own so sadly this one won’t be for me. but they are BEAUTIFUL, and as is the standard, an AMAZING guitar.

5. OaklandA OaklandA says:

Very cool variant.

Sorry, but I couldn’t disagree more with the above comments though. The WRHB RI’s are muddy and flat, IMO. I’ve found the best replacement to be the Vintage Vibe/Pete Biltoft versions, though I’ve heard good things about the Lollars too.

6. beaugatlin beaugatlin says:

Just bought one of these last week. I absolutely love it. It sounds incredible, plays great, and looks amazing.